An orientation was held on 11.05.2019 at Wakra campus by Ms. Shylaja Krishnakumar for the teachers on the topic how to be an effective teacher. The session began by showing a picture and each one came with their own conclusion. Then she said that “A book is an iceberg only 10% is visible and the rest 90% is invisible.” As a teacher we have to make the students think creatively. To make them creative a student need to be an effective teacher. The following points were covered by the resource person.
Objectives to become an effective teacher
- To get familiar with the concept of effective thinking.
- To transpose effective thinking into effective teacher and learning.
- Teacher is a facilitator. Students get the benefit. Many tools can be used to make it effective.
- Teacher clarity: A teacher should have definite goal and that goal should be very clear to the student.
- Interest and explanation: You should attract the student attractive activities by developing the interest of the students.
- Teach the topic in a simple way.
- Appropriate assessment and feedback.
- A teacher must be generous and should concentrate all the students equally. Never compare the students. Every child is unique.
- Collaborating with colleagues.
- Behaviour management.
- Professional development.
Overall the session was encouraging and motivational.